Mojacar is situated in the province of Almeria, Andalusia region on the Mediterranean coast of South East Spain.
The town of Mojacar consists of two distinct areas: Mojacar Village (or ‘Pueblo’) perched on the edge of the Cabrera Mountains; and Mojacar Beach (or ‘Playa’) which is on the coast nearby. Mojacar Village, with it’s narrow winding lanes and streets retains the traditional look and feel of the historic and picturesque ‘white villages’ of Southern Spain.
In 2013 Mojacar Village was selected and named as one of the most beautiful villages in Spain. For more information see:
The tranquility and relaxed atmosphere of Mojacar village becomes more lively during traditional festivals and celebrations, and is an excellent base to enjoy the Mojacar beach area and other nearby towns with numerous leisure activities, beach bars, restaurants and night clubs. It is a perfect destination for couples, families and young people alike.
Some Activities and Places of Interest:
- Church of Santa Maria
- Cabo de Gata National Park
- Almeria Fort/Citadel
- Sorbas Caves
- Fort Bravo Texas Hollywood and Western Leone film studios
- Guided walking tours of Mojacar Pueblo (in English or Spanish), historical costume drama through the streets of the village.
- Traditional festivals and celebrations (see page for more details)
- Golf, tennis, extreme adventure sports
- Mountain biking and cycling rental and tours
- Guided treks with quad bikes and 4×4 tours, jeep safaris and go-karting
- Swimming and other watersports
- Waterpark, diving schools and courses, boat trips, and kayak excursions
- Horse riding, camel treking
- Bowling, paintball, climbing walls
- Municipal sports center with indoor pool, gym facilities and fitness classes and children’s activities
- and many more …..